Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Letter Joseph Smith to Lucian Adams regarding Maid of Iowa

The following is a transcription of at letter from Joseph Smith Jr (1805-1844) to Lucian Adams, from Nauvoo IL, sent October 20th, 1843, regarding the Steamboat "Maid of Iowa". The letter is available in the Church History Library, MS 16721, in Salt Lake City, on microfilm.

Transcription

Nauvoo City, October 20th, 1843.
Mr Lucian Adams.
I have furnished the steam boat the one hundred dollars you agreed to send on as well as in every thing else and set her a running and she is like to sols [???] where she is now at St Louis. I am owing the bearer of the title [???] seventy five dollars in cash, which I want you to pay him for one and I will  apply it on your share of the boat. 
I am most respectfully your obedient servent [sic!]
<sig> Joseph Smith  

No comments:

Post a Comment